Thursday, May 15, 2014

Did we miss Spring and go right to summer?

Hoping that the weather stays enjoyable...warm enough for no coats but cool enough not to bake in our school! We still have lots of learning ahead of us!

The week of May 19:
We will enjoy the concert assembly on Monday as a dress rehearsal for the choir.
REMINDER: The school budget vote is Tuesday. Please teach your child good citizenship by bringing them with you when you go to vote. They have a chance to vote too - the kids vote will determine new recess equipment - either a field package or a blacktop package. Thanks!!
I will reassess the timed addition and subtraction facts this week.
On Wednesday we will be having a classroom visit from a real soil scientist to talk about his job and give us more information about soils!

Math: Chapter 11 test on triple digit addition/subtraction strategies (with and without regrouping), geometry and continued review of word problems,
Social Studies: reading and taking notes on our individual states, facts and work about our country
Writing: end of persuasive writing, start of poetry
Reading: comprehension questions
Spelling: Unit 30: Superlatives ( er, est endings) words to compare

Enjoy the time with your children for it really flies by way too fast (I know that you may not think so some days). I feel like I just took my oldest daughter for her kindergarten registration a minute ago and now she is graduating from college! Thanks goodness I will have all of your children to help me through when I become an "empty nester" next Fall!!!